Main page

Citro?n Planning to Bring Concepts of Survolt & Metropolis to Production

(July 20, 2010 )

While expressing their near-future production plan for the Survolt, a Citro?n source told Autocar: ¡°It¡¯s still our intention to put the Survolt into low-volume production, and we¡¯re pursuing the idea of a one-make race series.¡±

If the plan gets the green light, the all-electric car may make its way around your lanes soon equipped with two motors. The car is likely to receive its power from a twin battery pack capable of running the vehicle up to 124 mile per charge. With a top speed of 162 mph, the upcoming two-seater green car from Citro?n will be able to take you to 100 km from rest in less than just 5 seconds.

If you were amazed seeing the great success of the Citro?n Survolt¡¯s test run last week, it¡¯s time for you to rejoice. The French automaker is understood to be working a plan to bring the Citro?n Survolt concept in to production soon.

According to another media speculation, the automaker is also actively considering for sending its Metropolis conceptin to production phase. The Citro?n Metropolis is likely to enhance the automaker¡¯s DS line-up in the form of Citro?n DS9.

¡°We cannot afford to let the likes of Audi, Mercedes and BMW forge into Citro?n¡¯s heartland supermini territory without fighting back and pushing into theirs,¡± said PSA boss Jean-Pierre Plou¨¦ to Autocar while mitigating their early production plan for both the concepts. ¡°Selling large luxury cars in Europe is not easy at the moment, but I believe Citro?n has a great deal more to bring to the market.

via worldcarfans